On Thu, 22 May 2014 19:10:40 +1000, Zoltán Kócsi wrote:

> Empty machine, Gentoo installed from CD and stage3 tarball. It will be
> a server, so the 'hardened' profile was selected from the offered
> choices. A few packages (mailserver, bind, webserver, iptables etc) got
> installed. I want their documentation, so I added "doc" to their
> package specific USE flags in package.use.

Atandard documentation: READMEs, manpages, info pages, is installed by
default. The doc flag enables extra documentation for developers. This
often needs to be built from the sources, and thus requires extra tools.
These often cause blocks, however, it does not appear that the doc flag
is at fault here. You have changed other flags, such as ipv6, so the
advice is to make such sweeping USE flag changes one at a time. This
often avoids the problem and otherwise makes it easier to see.

the output you posted is hard to read because your mailer wrapped it but
it may be that updating sysvinit manually first will clear it.

emerge -1a sysvinit

--
Neil Bothwick

I used to live in the real world, but I got evicted.