Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 09:14:39 -0500, Dale wrote:
>
>> Holy sheep.  It worked.  I lost my jaw yesterday I think it was.  I'm
>> not sure what I am going to be missing now.  :-D  Neil and Allan will so
>> impressed.  LOL
>>
>> OK.  So, what will send me a message now?  Do I need to tell it to send
>> me something, say from smart stuff, or does it just know to do it?
> You tell cron where to mail reports by setting MAILTO=you@wherever at the
> top of /etc/crontab. It will then mail you every time a cronjob produces
> output.

Well, right now I am trying to get smartmon to send them since that is
pretty important and I have a error at the moment to really test it.  I
think I am having some success here.  I been googling and trying to sort
this thing out.  So far, I have this:

/dev/sda -a -d sat -o on -S on -s (S/../.././02|L/../../6/12) -m root
/dev/sdb -a -d sat -o on -S on -s (S/../.././02|L/../../6/12) -m root
/dev/sdc -a -d sat -o on -S on -s (S/../.././02|L/../../6/12) -m root

I changed it to testing during the day since I am usually sleeping then
and up at night.  Anyway, when I restart smartd, I get a email about the
error.  Yeppie!!!!  What I would like tho, it to just know to do this
for whatever drives are added/removed without me having to change the
config.  I bet there is a way to do that.

Now, let me go check into that cron thing.  Is there anything else I
need to set up to send emails like this?  Smartd is working, about to
work on cron so what else usually tries to send a email?

I have got to go find those body parts I am losing.

Thanks much.

Dale

:-)  :-)