On Fri, 27 Jun 2014 14:22:09 +0100, Mick wrote:

> > You tell cron where to mail reports by setting MAILTO=you@wherever at
> > the top of /etc/crontab. It will then mail you every time a cronjob
> > produces output.
>
> Or complete the /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf and revaliases with the info I
> have sent you in this thread and set MAILTO=root in your /etc/crontab.
>
> I would think that your ISP providers in the US will be blocking
> outgoing port 25 to stop compromised MSWindows machines spamming the
> rest of us.  If you use my suggestion there shouldn't be a problem.

It makes no difference whether you address it directly to your ISP
address or via an alias. The ISP won't block port 25 connections to its
own servers from its own customers, otherwise none of them could send
email at all!

--
Neil Bothwick

NOTE: In order to control energy costs the light at the end
of the tunnel has been shut off until further notice...