On Thursday 26 Jun 2014 16:08:52 Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 09:14:39 -0500, Dale wrote:
> > Holy sheep.  It worked.  I lost my jaw yesterday I think it was.  I'm
> > not sure what I am going to be missing now.  :-D  Neil and Allan will so
> > impressed.  LOL
> >
> > OK.  So, what will send me a message now?  Do I need to tell it to send
> > me something, say from smart stuff, or does it just know to do it?
>
> You tell cron where to mail reports by setting MAILTO=you@wherever at the
> top of /etc/crontab. It will then mail you every time a cronjob produces
> output.

Or complete the /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf and revaliases with the info I have sent
you in this thread and set MAILTO=root in your /etc/crontab.

I would think that your ISP providers in the US will be blocking outgoing port
25 to stop compromised MSWindows machines spamming the rest of us.  If you use
my suggestion there shouldn't be a problem.

If your internet connection is down for some reason, you should get deadletter
files in /root/ with the output.

--
Regards,
Mick