On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 3:27 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <li...@xunil.at> wrote:

> got my first two demo nodes up and in-sync ... what a success ;-)

I started to look into ceph, and my biggest issue is that they don't
protect against silent corruption. They do checksum data during
transit, but not at rest.  That means that you could end up with 3
different copies of a file and no way to know which one is the right
one.  Simply storing the data on btrfs isn't enough - that will
protect against files changing on the disk itself, but you could STILL
end up with 3 different copies of a file on different nodes and no way
to know which one is right, if the error happens at a higher level
than the btrfs filesystem/disk.

--
Rich