On Tuesday, December 30, 2014 08:11:15 AM Bruce Hill, Jr. wrote:
> > On December 27, 2014 at 10:19 AM Andrew Savchenko <birc...@gentoo.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > If you have mail problems, check your MTA or whatever you are
> > using to receive e-mail from this list. As you can see, other
> > people don't have this problems.
>
> On my workstation mail is POP3 using mutt and mail-mta/msmtp is the MTA.
>
> > Just my guess: greylisting is broken (or had a temporary lag) on
> > mail server you are using.
>
> There is no greylisting/blacklisting being done.
> I checked mail at the web interface for the hosting company, and there was
> no repeat of messages here; only in Mutt. Now there is another account
> doing the same thing.
>
> Can you offer any technical suggestions as for what to check?

Do you leave the messages on the mailserver?
In that case, ensure your POP3-client keeps a list of message-ids (UIDL) and
only downloads messages that haven't been downloaded before.

Here is what the man page for fetchmail says about it:
***

       -U | --uidl
              (Keyword: uidl)
              Force  UIDL use (effective only with POP3).  Force client-side
tracking of 'newness' of messages (UIDL stands for "unique ID listing" and is
described in RFC1939).  Use with 'keep' to use a mailbox as a baby news drop
for a group
              of users. The fact that seen messages are skipped is logged,
unless error logging is done through syslog while running in daemon mode.
Note that fetchmail may automatically enable this option depending on upstream
server  capa-
              bilities.  Note also that this option may be removed and forced
enabled in a future fetchmail version. See also: --idfile.

***

I don't know if there is an equivalent for mutt as I don't use that.

--
Joost