On Sat, 07 Apr 2018 14:42:49 +0100
Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Saturday, 7 April 2018 14:35:27 BST Floyd Anderson wrote:
Hi Mick,

On Sat, 07 Apr 2018 11:21:23 +0100

Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>So far I had been using gdbm, but I now see that emerge also added lmdb.

Same here, so I gave lmdb a try as hcache backend.

>Which one is best to use? What have you chosen?

I assume you mean for speed? I don’t know and it may become very
academic to answer this. But you can find some none Mutt-specific
benchmark results on NeoMutt’s website [1].

Note, the mentioned benchmark page say:

    “[…] you’ll need a reasonable large number of
    messages – >50k – to see anything interesting”

Using lmdb as backend, I do not realise any differences over gdbm within
Mutt respectively NeoMutt and I doubt one really can (without measuring
it exactly – which I haven’t done yet).