You could always install via a knoppix livecd, since knoppix seems to be the best around for "odd" hardware. There's really nothing special about the gentoo livecd as far as being able to install gentoo.

Walter Dnes wrote:
On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 08:24:02AM +0100, Mick wrote

Could you try passing to the kernel the keyboard parameter at
this stage?  I am thinking of something like:

gentoo keyboard=gb or keyboard=41, or whatever.

  There don't seem to be any such parameters.  I did read through the
file /usr/src/linux/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt and tried
various iterations of
gentoo atkbd.foobar=n

  No luck.