"James Ausmus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Haven't used online-bookmarks before myself, but it soulds like Apache
> isn't configured properly for PHP scripts - try *adding* the following
> to your /etc/conf.d/apache2 file in the APACHE2_OPTS line (inside the
> double-quotes):
> -D PHP -D PHP5
>
> and then do:
> /etc/init.d/apache2 stop && /etc/init.d/apache2 start
> (I've found that sometimes a "/etc/init.d/apache2 restart" tries to
> start the apache2 processes again before the old processes have fully
> closed out, so will sometimes error out...)

Thanks, I did get further along doing that.

I already had this in there:

APACHE2_OPTS="-D DEFAULT_VHOST -D INFO -D LANGUAGE -D SSL
  -D SSL_DEFAULT_VHOST  -D PHP5"

So I just stuck in the -D PHP and restarted.

Now I see a real page as described in the documentation... However,
now I'm running into some kind of conf problem with mysql.

I haven't been using it for anything (although its been installed for
some time) so I may have to get that configured properly.

I left:
  Hostname: [localhost]
  username: [bookmarkmgr]
  Password: [left blank on first try]
  Database-Name [bookmarks]

That fails with:
  Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'bookmarks'

So I tried adding a passwd leaving the rest as is.. That failed with:
  Access denied for user 'bookmarkmgr'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

(YES was not what I inserted so I guess its just saying a passwd was used)

I'm not really sure what to do about mysql but at least it appears the
bookmark pkg is trying to work.