"James Ausmus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Jan 21, 2008 7:49 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> So I tried adding a passwd leaving the rest as is.. That failed with:
>>   Access denied for user 'bookmarkmgr'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
>>
>> (YES was not what I inserted so I guess its just saying a passwd was used)
>>
>> I'm not really sure what to do about mysql but at least it appears the
>> bookmark pkg is trying to work.
>>

> OK, this one is easy to fix:
>
> login in to MySQL as root:
>
> mysql -uroot -p
> <enter your password when prompted>

That part fails here:
 # mysql -uroot -p
Enter password: <root passwd entered>

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for
    user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

==============

But trying from my user shell:
I at least can log in.

   > mysql
   Your MySQL connection id is 9
   Server version: 5.0.44-log Gentoo Linux mysql-5.0.44-r2

But when I try to run the command (wrapped for mail):

  mysql> create database bookmarks;
  ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for
          user 'reader'@'localhost' to database 'bookmarks'

The help offered inside the mysql shell doesn't appear very helpful to
me.

But apparently I need to start over some how.