Grant wrote:
> [...]

 As strange as this may sound, we had a server go down and we thought
 psu/mb. it turned out to be the cmos battery. We replaced it (about four
 years ago), the server has been flawless since.

Different motherboards must exhibit different behavior with a bad CMOS
battery.  Another desktop of mine prints an error to the POST screen
about its bad battery.  There is a comment here from another owner of
my MSI motherboard:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/127597/show_product_reviews

"This is a great board too, except i got an error each boot-turns out
the battery was dead, swapped it and it was ok"

It sounds like my motherboard should still boot with a bad battery.

- Grant

 Ted Ozolins (VE7TVO)

I had one with a dead battery too. It lost all the settings and the clock reset back to 1971 or something like that but otherwise it worked just fine. Well, after getting it to see the drives again.
Weird things happen I guess.

Dale