On Monday 08 June 2009, Philip Webb wrote:
> 090608 Mick wrote:
> > I seem to have installed kde-base/mimelib, I guess as dependency:
> > <eix> kde-base/mimelib
> >  Installed versions:  3.5.10(3.5)(20:11:53 06/07/09)(-debug
> > -elibc_FreeBSD) I also tried changing fluxbox for kdm (in case this is a
> > fluxbox WM issue) and restarted X with kdm.  Ran kbuildsycoca, but same
> > error again.
>
> I always 'startx' from a raw terminal.
>
> I recompiled  kcminit kfind kpersonalizer kreadconfig  & rebooted,
> but there is no change in Krusader's behaviour.

Just tried kfmclient and this is the response:

$ kfmclient openProfile webbrowsing
kfmclient: ERROR: Couldn't start konqueror from konqueror.desktop: Could not
find service 'konqueror.desktop'.

So it seems that all the kde applications that were installed have not been
registered.  I remerged konqueror just in case and noticed this elog message
amidst others:

* Messages for package kde-base/konqueror-3.5.10:

 * /usr/kde/3.5/share/applications/kde/keditbookmarks.desktop: required
key "Type" in group "Desktop Entry" is not present -- required key "Name" in
group "Desktop Entry" is not present

The file in question contains:

[Desktop Entry]
Hidden=true

Should it be Hidden-false?  What is this for?
--
Regards,
Mick