090608 Mick wrote:
> I noticed 'konqueror' works fine, so I changed the FB menu accordingly.
> Apwal looks cool, I will give it a spin,
> though I am conditioned to years of using the FB right-click menu.

I have L-mouse = Apwal & R-mouse = FB menu : in  ~/.fluxbox/init :

  OnDesktop Mouse1 :Exec apwal
  OnDesktop Mouse2 :HideMenus
  OnDesktop Mouse3 :RootMenu

> The problem remains with most menus and submenus in KDE applications:
> e.g. right-click on a file in Konqueror, then 'Open With'
> and there are no applications in the popup to select from .

Yes, that reminds me that there was also a problem with Krusader,
which no longer knows what to open files with,
even after it is told to 'remember' the desired app.

I also updated to  kdebase-kioslaves-3.5.10-r1 ,
which mb the cause of both problems.
We should try recompiling Konqueror & Krusader to see if that helps.

> Any KDE gurus out there ?

They're all too busy looking at their reflections in Plasma (smile).

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca