090608 Cristian Gary wrote:
> 2009/6/8 Philip Webb <purs...@ca.inter.net>
>> 090608 Mick wrote:
>>> The problem remains with most menus and submenus in KDE applications:
>>> e.g. right-click on a file in Konqueror, then 'Open With'
>>> and there are no applications in the popup to select from .
>> Yes, that reminds me that there was also a problem with Krusader,
>> which no longer knows what to open files with,
>> even after it is told to 'remember' the desired app.
>> I also updated to  kdebase-kioslaves-3.5.10-r1 ,
>> which mb the cause of both problems.
>>> Any KDE gurus out there ?
>> They're all too busy looking at their reflections in Plasma (smile).
> Run in konsole  kde 4.2  , "  bash$  kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental"
> with this you force the rebuild of kde menu.

We're not using KDE 4 ! -- I don't have any of KDE 4 installed !

I've remerged Konqueror & Krusader & the problem with the latter remains.
I also (already) tried 'kbuildsycoca' :

  501: ~> kbuildsycoca --noincremental
  kbuildsycoca running...
  kio (KService*): WARNING: The service/mime type config file
  application/x-staroffice.desktop
  does not contain a ServiceType=...
  or MimeType=... entry
  kbuildsycoca: ERROR: applications.menu not found in
(/home/purslow/.config/menus/)
  kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'kcertpart.desktop' specifies undefined
mimetype/servicetype 'application/binary-certificate'
  kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'katepart.desktop' specifies undefined
mimetype/servicetype 'text/x-fortran'
  kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'knotify.desktop' specifies undefined
mimetype/servicetype 'KNotify'
  kbuildsycoca: WARNING: 'gvimagepart.desktop' specifies undefined
mimetype/servicetype 'image/x-krl'

Anyone have further suggestions ?

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca