Please help me understand the mechanics of Bright Water deployment. I have
spent many months living on the Bering Sea (in winter) and have piloted
150ft fishing vessels in that area for countless hours. I have watched the
sea continually produce white caps for as far as I could see for days and
weeks at a time. How can a practical, cost effective and meaningful use of
bright water be deployed which comes even close to .0001 percent of the
natural production of white caps? The energy and equipment needed to cover
any meaningful amount of the sea is difficult for me to comprehend.
Outfitting fishing fleets with the needed equipment and paying the boat
owners to run the gear is possible. But, we are only talking about a bright
water wake which lasts for only a short distance...at best.

Designing autonomous platforms specifically for the mission may be possible,
but, one storm could beach every single platform within a few hours. Who and
how will they be collected and sent back out? This, from a seaman's point of
view, is difficult to see as being practical. I have studied the concept
though what has been offered here and through other links. The
mechanical challenge of producing such small bubbles is interesting and I
have even spent time thinking through the possible use high throughput
ultrasonic injectors. But, I still come back to the questions of; 1) how can
bright water be practically deployed? 2) How can the investment be justified
when the wide area effect is so tenuous? 3) Would not reflective large
surface rafts provide a more cost effective long term overall result?

There is the option of a reflective form of the Dracone Barge as a useful
way to deploy large area ocean surface SRM. "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracone_barge.

If such barges were deployed in large numbers a large area rafting system
could be secured in needed areas and moved as the season changes. With small
desalinization pods attached, we could have not just have low cost/long
term/flexible ocean surface SRM but a nice supply of needed fresh water.
Sell the fresh water and buy more bags!!!!

I ask your help in understanding how bright water can be a competitive form
of SRM.