On the issue of using Lair as a vent sealant, I may be wrong, but, I do
believe the ice formed would most likely float away. And, a vent would be
most likely more of a diffused field of bubble streams as opposed to a
central "vent". Also, capping such a vent with even cement will be
eventually compromised by the build up of pressure. Finding even a small
fraction of the expected release areas would be difficult. Overhead imaging
may help in that chore, yet, I personally do not know how a methane release
point can be remotely detected.

As far as Oxides of nitrogen/hydroxyl radicals. Yes, NOX is reactive with
many GHG. It is also known to produce significant health risks at long
distances and acid rain. Here is a short health effects list from Wiki;

"Health effects"

"NO*x* reacts with ammonia <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammonia>, moisture,
and other compounds to form nitric
acid<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitric_acid> vapor
and related particles. Small particles can penetrate deeply into sensitive
lung tissue and damage it, causing premature death in extreme cases.
Inhalation of such particles may cause or worsen respiratory diseases such
as emphysema <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emphysema>,
bronchitis<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronchitis> it
may also aggravate existing heart
disease.[7]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NOx#cite_note-6>

NO*x* reacts with volatile organic
compounds<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volatile_organic_compounds> in
the presence sunlight to form Ozone <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone>.
Ozone can cause adverse effects such as damage to lung tissue and reduction
in lung function mostly in susceptible populations (children, elderly,
asthmatics). Ozone can be transported by wind currents and cause health
impacts far from the original sources. The American Lung Association
estimates that nearly 50 percent of United States inhabitants live in
counties that are not in ozone
compliance.[8]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NOx#cite_note-7>

NO*x* destroys ozone in the
stratosphere<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_layer>
.[9] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NOx#cite_note-NOAA_N2O-8> Ozone in the
stratosphere absorbs ultraviolet
light<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultraviolet_light>,
which is potentially damaging to life on
earth.[10]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NOx#cite_note-NASA-9>
 NO*x* from combustion sources does not reach the stratosphere; instead, NO*
x* is formed in the stratosphere from
photolysis<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photolysis>
 of nitrous oxide
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrous_oxide>.[9]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NOx#cite_note-NOAA_N2O-8>

NO*x* also readily reacts with common organic chemicals, and even ozone, to
form a wide variety of toxic products:
nitroarenes<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Nitroarenes&action=edit&redlink=1>
, nitrosamines <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrosamines> and also the nitrate
radical<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Nitrate_radical&action=edit&redlink=1>
 some
of which may cause biologicalmutations<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutations>.
Recently another pathway, via NOx, to ozone has been found that
predominantly occurs in coastal areas via formation of nitryl chloride when
NOx comes into contact with salt mist."
[1]<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2453175/>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NOx

Production of NOx does require high temperatures or strong UV exposure. Open
air release of LN2 would not entail heat, but, the Arctic Ozone Hole does
migrate over the ESAS and thus, the volume of released LN2 would potentially
be exposed to a strong enough UV energy to produce significant amounts of
NOx. I could be wrong on this.

Finding a way to use NOx to neutralize GHGs without open air release would
seem optimal.

Efficient high volume air movement through the system would be a key factor
(as it is in all air capture concepts). High volume air contact systems
stationed in remote areas is even more challenging.

I have a few thoughts on how to approach the technical side of the issue
which are not far removed from what I have already brought to this forum in
past posts. A much larger version of this tethered system could provide a
base structure for a GHG "Scrubber".
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14529376@N00/2730542642/  A Salter Tether Ship
wold be a good base for this approach.

Hearing concepts on remote area high volume air contact means/methods from
others would be helpful.

Albert, I found this article on N2O which was a real eye opener for me.
http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2009/20090827_ozone.html

Using liquid air to seal methane vents may well work.  Using it for general
cooling of the sea or land surface will not.
Oxides of nitrogen are critical in the formation of hydroxyl radicals.  They
therefore play a key role in the breakdown of methane.  Although greenhouse
gases in their own right, it's vital to accurately judge the effect of
manipulations.  An increase may paradoxically treat warming very
effectively.