Hi Folks,

Ken, on the issue of media support, what about a new website;

As this group knows, the issue of GE has a need for broad public education
on the many important issues within the general topic. An established PR
firm would be a good investment at this time. Yet, who and what will the PR
organization represent? Also, who will pay for building public support for a
"concept" which has no product and has no current industry. I believe that a
volunteer core of interested individuals can be a good start. Boot strapping
up this type of network will take time and maybe some support from the
"professional" level researchers/institutions in the form of an educational
syllabus(s). It would be important to have this peer accepted information
prepared at different educational levels. A mirror site to this group, which
would provide translations/clarifications and background information, may
help counter some of the PR damage some of the fringe groups are causing.

The amateur class scientist has a long history of important contributions
throughout the history of science. On the issue of GE, that class of
interested layperson can help translate the science into street level
language. Simply finding ways and funds to actually translate the core
science papers is an issue that should get some attention. I have had folks
in Japan expressing frustration over the lack of translated documents on
this issue. Finding means to translate for just the top 10 languages would
be a large chore. However, this effort would provide an opportunity to
distill down to the core documents which are needed to understand the
current environmental/policy situation and the key papers addressing the
actual science/technology of any plan of action.

Yes, anyone with a true interest can search out and find all of that type of
info within a few web sessions. Yet, I do believe a website of "Cliff Notes"
for internet GE literature search is justified at this point. I also believe
it should be kept up to date each day.

Finding access to graphics production for use in this effort is important
for obvious reasons. The few websites which mimicked ETC's Open Letter used
the same "Contrail" picture. No surprise there, however my point is that all
tools will be used against GE and many of those same tools will need to be
used in countering these attacks. Many of the main GE concepts provide
graphics, yet being able to develop new graphic as issues progress will help
to a large degree. Being able to offer to members of the public graphics
developement to illustrate a new idea would be a big draw to such a site. If
an interested person can describe a "new and useful" concept to the group at
a satisfactory level, they could get help to illustrate it. That would show
an openness and inclusion which many would like to see and a diamond in the
rough just might show up.

As we know, GE has a much tougher battle than the left fringe as GE needs to
be ruled by logic/science/technology and practical policy craft (not to
mention complete openness in communications). ETC et alia simply has to draw
scary pictures and whine about "Elite Northerners" (and time media releases
with their buddies). Even so, they have already won an important battle
through the Bio-Diversity scam. GE can, has been and will be subjected to
these simple strategic and tactical submarine efforts. GE's only option is
to simply out educate and out class the foe!

Finding the funding for a dedicated website will not be a
major challenge and we all know that the funding origin(s) will be subjected
to scrutiny. At this time, however, any funding from any source can help the
concept of GE weather the strategic attack we witnessed on Monday.

It take 3 people to start a 501 c3. It would take less than $900 a month to
maintain a well done website and the extra cost of translations/graphics can
be subjects of yearly fund-raisers. Give the people of the world the basic
information in their own language and give them a way to express their own
ideas for helping, and they will want to help.

I hope this suggestion helps.

Michael