Hi Folks,

Andrew, I think your proposed letter to the IPCC countering the ETC et.alia
"Open Letter" should be the main focus. However, I will start compiling a
contact info list of the "signers" if a direct response letter is to be
prepared. The points which Ken offers are a great rallying flag for anyone
interested in GE and Mike's "Engineering Geoengineering" is a clear and
practical road map for what is technically needed. Getting
that combined vision into the media, in the wake of the ETC offensive, can
be profoundly important at this time.

I  just Goggled the"Open Letter" and have found a small handful of other
groups posting copies of the letter. It does appear that the vast majority
of the signers have not bothered to reference the letter and so I have to
again ask myself; Is the list of groups simply window dressing? As you know,
the media has no recognized "GE Group" to seek out a balanced view from and
so your efforts are very important and timely.

As to my bet offer, I would have lost as I can see about 5 organizations
(out of how many?) did mimic ETC's posting. I should have used the qualifier
of "vast majority" of the groups as opposed to the all inclusive phrasing
that I used. Still, the ETC effort does remind me of a Peacock.....all show,
little meat and lots of fertilizer.

Thanks again for your patience,

Michael