The trouble with assuming we won't cause a collapse of the ecosystem is
that there's quite a lot to suggest we might do just that.  Even setting
aside the history of various civilisations trashed by minor climate tweaks,
and the extinction of prior forms of the Homo genus caused by slightly
larger climate swings, we've still got quite a lot to think about.

Apologies for banging on about the paleo record again, but its highly
relevant.

There isn't a historical precedent for taking all the fossil carbon you can
find and shoving it in the atmosphere.  The paleocene eocene thermal
maximum took about 50k yrs to play out, and we are repeating this warming
on a centurial timescale.

The only credible paleo analogue (of which I'm aware) for the current
fossil fuel frenzy is the permian triassic extinction event, which
apparently started when the siberian coal measures burned.  As this caused
an ocean anoxic event, a hydrogen sulfide atmosphere and the removal of the
ozone layer, It's a bit rash to "assume" anything less dramatic will happen
when we recreate it.

All talk of economics seems a bit silly when you try to cost the worst ever
mass extinction into the equation.

Cutting down all the trees on Easter island gives a historic analogue, if
one is needed, to help illustrate the point.

To calculate the consequences of such gross stupidity accurately, you'd
have to sum the whole global economic output after extinction, then
discount to net present value.  You'd the need to multiply it by a risk
factor.  It would still be a largely meaningless exercise.

The simple fact is that going anywhere near these risk thresholds is a
folly of the highest order.