Changes look fine.  Still +1.

--
  Kevin Michael Smith
  smit...@draconic.ca

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016, at 05:05 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Catching email list up on sprint discussion :) This conversation has settled
> down and I will update the proposal and ask for a second review.
>
> The take home message is:
>
> - Watching resources change (on the file system or in jdbc resource store) is
> different from broadcasting the change to listeners
> - Our FileSystemWatcher should be updated/replaced with the Java 7
> FileSystemWatcher
>

> On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 at 09:39 Niels Charlier <ni...@scitus.be> wrote:
>> This change is fine by me, my original idea was to keep the API as
    unaffected as possible and keep the dispatcher something running in
    the background, optionally.

    But -  that means that the FileSystemRS also will need a
    ResourceNotificationDispatcher.

    The FileSystemWatcher almost implements it, but it takes an extra
    File argument

         addListener(File file, String path, ResourceListener listener)

    Either that could be changed or a FileSystemDispatcher needs to be
    wrapped around the FileSystemWatcher.

    Regards

    Niels

      wrote:
>>> Niels - do you mind if I gather up the result of this
      email thread and update the proposal - or would you like to?
          Caradoc-Davies <b...@transient.nz>
          wrote:
> [...]
          it was, be me. I mistakenly assumed that all the GSIP-136

          changes were isolated to the last two commits of PR #1361, but
          the

          addition of this interface and the implementation

          SimpleResourceNotificationDispatcher were included in an
          earlier commit.

          We will need to refactor it to match the final decision on
          GSIP-136.

          Kind regards,

          Ben.

<https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/blob/master/src/platform/src/main/java/org/geoserver/platform/resource/ResourceNotificationDispatcher.java>