James Simmons wrote:

>  I had a interesting discussion on the possiblility of having a Direct X
> on linux with John Carmack. Well it appears Mircosoft will sue anyone that
> tries that. So I talked to him about Mesa-GGI and how Direct X support was
> added to libGGI. So to the person that wrote the Direct X interface. Do
> you think you have a enough of a bridge between Direct X and GGI to allow
> Mesa-GGI programs to run on top of Direct X completely? If not what
> features do you feel libGGI lacks to have this happen?

Since I'm not familiar with what Mesa-GGI is, I can't give a 100% answer.  The
DirectX
port of LibGGI should be compatable with programs which the libGGI api.  The
current version
in CVS is VERY out of date.  I changed it to support linear buffers, and use
the generic calls
for line drawing, pixels, fills, etc.  I am currently working on the libgii
port.

If there are specific questions about what is needed to support Mesa-GGI, let
me know.

John Fortin