James Simmons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>  I had a interesting discussion on the possiblility of having a Direct X
> on linux with John Carmack. Well it appears Mircosoft will sue anyone that
> tries that. So I talked to him about Mesa-GGI and how Direct X support was
> added to libGGI. So to the person that wrote the Direct X interface. Do
> you think you have a enough of a bridge between Direct X and GGI to allow
> Mesa-GGI programs to run on top of Direct X completely?

Mesa-GGI requires nothing more than a DirectBuffer, which I assume
the DirectX target will have. Mesa-GGI needs to be fixed to use
the LibGGI API correctly before it will work on targets where you
must acquire DirectBuffers though, something which I assume the
DirectX target will require. Right John?

> If not what
> features do you feel libGGI lacks to have this happen?
>
> Also can libGGI handle DMA transfers, AGP?

LibGGI can handle anything the hardware supports, it's a SMOP.
There are currently no such features implemented for any target.

> Does it have enough of a API to implement textures and other 3D
> functions?

The only working 3D API for LibGGI is OpenGL, via Mesa-GGI, and yes
OpenGL does support textures and other 3D functions. ;-)

//Marcus
        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]