On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Marco Confalonieri wrote:

> I read the Jon's letter about LibGGI3D, downloaded the 2000-01-21
> snapshot and tried to compile the LibGGI3d stuff.
> I ran autogen.sh and tried to 'make' the thing, but gcc complains about
> a missing file called matrix.h .

        This is from Meschach, the linear algebra library I use for 3D
transforms and such.  The configure.in does not properly autodetect a
Meschach install, nor a glib install which is also required.

> Could I rewrite it? (Well... I am not a
> marvelous developer, but if this file is only for basic matrix
> transformation I think I can write it).

        Sure, but Meschach is already available and it is quite good.
Unfortunately the only distribution which packages it is Debian |-/.

> Finally, I wish to use the full power of my old Mystique card under
> Linux, but the GLX is very slow, so I would like to write a LibGGI3D
> module for HW acceleration. I got the specs from Matrox, but I have two
> problems:
> 1) I'm trying to understand what this PDF is talking about!!! What
> damned sort of cryptographic tech speech is that?! :-(

        If you are referring to the old LibGGI3D RFC, I agree that it was
not well explained.  I am rewriting it now to be more understandable.

> 2) Is there a sort of skeleton module which I can use as a basis?

        Not yet.  The best existing examples are the 'zbuffer' and 'debug'
modules.  I'll try to get a real skel.c written soon.

becoming one with God.'
        - Scientist G. Richard Seed