"Jon M. Taylor" wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Marco Confalonieri wrote:
> > I read the Jon's letter about LibGGI3D, downloaded the 2000-01-21
> > snapshot and tried to compile the LibGGI3d stuff.
> > I ran autogen.sh and tried to 'make' the thing, but gcc complains about
> > a missing file called matrix.h .
>         This is from Meschach, the linear algebra library I use for 3D
> transforms and such.  The configure.in does not properly autodetect a
> Meschach install, nor a glib install which is also required.
> > Could I rewrite it? (Well... I am not a
> > marvelous developer, but if this file is only for basic matrix
> > transformation I think I can write it).
>         Sure, but Meschach is already available and it is quite good.
> Unfortunately the only distribution which packages it is Debian |-/.

Could I suggest that you indeed include the code directly ? 3d transformations
are a rather trivial thing so I think yet another library dependency is really
not desirable (especially if this library is all but standard, as you say yourself,
it's just packaged for debian...).

Regards,        Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique