Christoph Egger writes:

>  Andreas Beck ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [000203 13:09] wrote:
>
>  > The idea of the ppmtools is to finally put an end to reinventing the
>  > picture loading and saving wheel for every program/lib/whatever.
>  >
>  > As long as you can load/save ppms (which is trivial) you can load/save
>  > any format by just piping the output through the appropriate ppmtools.
>
>  Uhm, I assumed at the beginning, that the RAW-file-format, which is
>  already implemented by Andrew, is designed for every
>  program/lib/whatever...

Nooope, it was just designed as something the file-target could MMAP,
and update it the easy way (just writing to memory).  Part of that
design was that it could run directly on an /dev/fb* device (via MMAP),
and still see the right image (within reason, e.g. a few lines of
garbage at the top, and only working on certain fbdev modes that use
the exact same format, and no palette setting).

Cheers,
__
\/   Andrew Apted   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>