Hi,

Federico Mena Quintero <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > I've had this problem, and it appears to exist only with the version of
> > xwd that's shipped with XFree86 4.0.x where x<=2. I upgraded to 4.0.3
> > and the problem went away. Same problem (with same version of X) existed
> > with WindowMaker too.
>
> Oh dear.  Don't tell me that the GIMP uses xwd for getting
> screenshots.  If so, please please *please* feel free to steal the
> code from gdk_pixbuf_get_from_drawable().

it does ;-)

The screenshot plug-in is kind of old and has always been a quick hack.
On the other hand it works pretty well for most users... Yes, we are
considering another solution for the next version of Gimp. Since we will
use GTK+-2.0, we will also use gdk-pixbuf and can thus use the
functionality gdk-pixbuf provides. For Gimp-1.2 however things will not
change.

Salut, Sven