I'm currently in end-of-semester crunch time, so I won't be working on
Gimp until after all of my semester projects are done.

The IRC addicts are probably already aware that my plans for after that
* implement tool plug-ins with as little disturbance to the rest of Gimp
as is reasonable.
* write PDB functions for the few remaining palette functions that are not
yet exposed.

There are several possible ways to implement tool plug-ins.  While I have
pretty much come to a conclusion about which way is best, I still would
like some input on alternatives.  I will post an RFC when I have time.