Hi all -

I'm trying to understand how to control the GIMP through plain old C code.
I have tried doing this with a module, but have been unsuccessful. The
module loads successfully, but segfaults when I attempt to create an image
and add a layer.

What is the proper way to take control of the GIMP? Through a module or a
plug-in? I read a prior post in 2000 saying you have to do it with a
combination of plug-in and module, but it's not yet clear to me how to
accomplish this. Any example source code would be welcome.

                        -Michael Andrew Terry ([EMAIL PROTECTED])