On 2002-04-11 at 1718.41 +0200, Sven Neumann typed this mail:
> Hi,
>
> Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > i have been wanting to collect all of the working plug-ins and make them
> > available on my site.  only plug-ins that are not already included with
> > GIMP, however.
> >
> > if you have a lot of updated plug-ins, it should be no problem to give
> > you a password so you can move the plug-ins to my site directly.
>
> updating old plug-ins is definitely a good idea. Storing them offsite
> of registry.gimp.org is a bad idea however. Why can't we at least try
> to keep things in one place? Why is everybody reinventing the wheel all
> the time instead of improving existing infrastructure?

i have been frustrated using the registry.

several times, i downloaded and installed a plug-in, only to find it was
already included with GIMP.

lately, i would like to use snarf to get the plug-in i would like (since
mozilla save seems to save something different than snarf gets) but the
url to the plug-ins are not obvious.

what could be so bad with a place to collect the updated plug-ins?

carol