Hi,

"Stephen J Baker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On 4 Nov 2002, Sven Neumann wrote:
>
> > well, if you could come up with the detailed specs of these sexy new
> > graphics cards we could certainly consider to use these features.
>
> The fragment shaders is a part of the OpenGL extensions for these
> boxes and are fully documented.   For nVidia hardware, you program
> them in a C-like language called 'Cg'.  However, it would probably
> be wiser to wait for the release of OpenGL 2.0 which will have a
> portable C-like shader language.

IIRC, they may document the OpenGL extensions, but they don't tell you
how to program the hardware registers. So in order to use the features
you refer to, you are forced to use a driver for which the source code
is not available. You are thus bound to the X11 release supported by
this module and have no chance to fix possible problems. I wouldn't
call that well documented and I can only strongly suggest that every
open source hacker refuses to support such attempts to keep valuable
information closed.

Salut, Sven