Hi,

Robert L Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> IMHO, this is not a good reason for numbering it 2.0.  By now, GTK+
> stands independently of the GIMP; it's maintained by different people,
> the releases aren't synchronized, and indeed (even in 1.2) the GIMP
> has its own widget set layered on top of GTK+.

Huh? Well, of course we have build widgets on top of the toolkit we
use. What are you trying to prove here? I fail to see your point.

> Whatever the origins of the name, at present GTK+ is no more "the
> GIMP toolkit" than Gimp-Print is "the Print plug-in for the GIMP".

I don't agree. I do think that GIMP and GTK+ are in fact still more
tightly coupled than you receive it. GIMP developers are constantly
contributing to GTK+ and they do take part in decisions made for
GTK+. At the same time GTK+ developers are giving the GIMP developers
a hand when it comes to improving and debugging The GIMP. The two
projects are not as diverged as perhaps gimp-print and gimp.

Sven