On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, Simon Budig wrote:

> Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 00:51:13 +0200
> From: Simon Budig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] A fresh pair of eyes.
>
> David Neary ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > The point, as I see it, is that there's no reason *not* to follow
> > the leader when it comes to keybindings - it makes migration
> > easier for people used to the other app, and makes your app more
> > attractive as an alternative, without removing any functionality,
> > or necessarily making things harder for experienced users. So if
> > it costs nothing (or very little), why not?
>
> Uh, making all the long time GIMP users grumpy because the shortcuts
> they are used to use do no longer work and they have to reconfigure
> them to the old default "costs nothing"?

You mean the existing GIMP users dont already have custom menurc files?
You mean if we provided a GIMP 1.2 menurc for those who wanted it, our
current users dont already know how to change a menurc?  (we need an
Inteface for this, and I need to make sure there is a bug report about
it).
You mean GIMP doesn't allow you to migrate your old settings when you
upgrade to a new version?

- Alan H.