David Neary ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> The point, as I see it, is that there's no reason *not* to follow
> the leader when it comes to keybindings - it makes migration
> easier for people used to the other app, and makes your app more
> attractive as an alternative, without removing any functionality,
> or necessarily making things harder for experienced users. So if
> it costs nothing (or very little), why not?

Uh, making all the long time GIMP users grumpy because the shortcuts
they are used to use do no longer work and they have to reconfigure
them to the old default "costs nothing"?

I remember when I was at a small publisher after school and we changed
from Pagemaker 4 to Pagemaker 5 and suddenly all the shortcuts were
translated into german. It sucked. Badly.

Bye,
        Simon
--
      [EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.home.unix-ag.org/simon/