On 11 Aug 2003, at 4:26, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> I've had this problem for the last two development versions of the
> Gimp: 1.3.17 and 1.3.18
> Hopefully, to maximize the clarity of the information that I have to
> give you, and minimize the size of this e-mail, I will proceed with a
> series of links to screen shots and brief, appropriate comments.
> 1. For the sake of accuracy, I first include a screen-shot of GIF that
> has this problem, as viewed in a non-Gimp application: Gqview 1.3.2
> You will notice that the background is transparent, as represented by
> the grey/light gray checks. No problem here.
> 5. Gimp 1.3.17:
> As you can clearly see, the background is now pink.
Starting 1.3.17, the GIF plug-in has been changed in the following
way (from plug-ins/common/gif.c, spacing edited to accommodate
" * REVISION HISTORY
* 4.01.00 - Attempt to use the palette colour closest to
* that of the GIMP's current brush background
* colour for the GIF file's background index
* hint for non-transparency-aware image
* viewers. NOTE that this is merely a hint
* and may be ignored by this plugin for
* various (rare) reasons that would usually
* entail writing a somewhat larger image
This may be related.
Gimp-developer mailing list