Daniel Egger wrote:

Am Sam, 2003-09-13 um 22.38 schrieb Alan Horkan:

Delete is such a particularly good and obvious keybinding for Deleting

Actually I believe that having both a backspace and a delete key is confusing in the original wordprocessing meaning; why would one want to delete a character following the cursor?

Personally I've been living without one for years now and I'm not
missing it except when some UI designers think that the delete key is
more straight forward than the backspace key and unfortunately mapped
some often used function to it like deleting mail....

slowly i learn how to use the delete key. i would not miss it.

typewriters had only a backspace key. many a fine document has been typed without one.