On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 12:18:15 +0100
Roman Joost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > What do you call uncommented ? Do you mean not translated ?
> No, sorry for the bad description. I mean commented code which were of
> course translated.
hum, still difficult to understand...
It's text in french that don't exist in english ?

Julien did this or sometimes write more text for the french version.
We also found some german text not translated in english.

For this it could be enough to open a new paragraph with a special attribut
<para lang="en" stat="TO_BE_TRANSLATED">

But the best thing it's to avoid doing this.

> > Another problem that we will face soon is the "fuzzy" texts when someone
> > change the original doc in english. We don't have any mecanism like what
> > works fine for PO files. I suggest that we add something like that:
> > <para stat="fuzzy"> in the future for the translated texts (fr, de, se,...)
> > when we change the original english text.
> Hm... i think it'll be better to  leave it or to document it in its
> current state. If we're yousing the "fuzzy" tactics,  this function or
> tool is documented anyway. We should document these paragraphs, that we
> can find them fast if the developers say, that the code is nearly
> finished or complete.
> Do you have some background ideas in mind, when we use such an
> attribute or is it only a special marker for writers?
FUZZY is only for translators. If the doc don't fit the code it's an other
problem. As it is now we are doing both jobs: doc-writer and translator.
Then it's our job to check if the doc fit the code and to change the doc
in case it's wrong. Then we can change a translation (french for me) but
what to do with the other one (de, se, tamil and more) ?
This is where a marker like "fuzzy" could be useful.