On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 12:27:44PM -0500, Kevin Cozens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is the - vs _ use in function names by C vs. Script-Fu historical (as in
> typical of the respective languages)?

Yupp.

> values for plug-ins based on different languages? DB Browser shows
> GIMP_RGB_IMAGE for an image type (for C) but its only RGB-IMAGE for
> Script-Fu scripts and I have no idea off-hand what it would be for Perl
> plug-ins (a third set of enums?).

Just FYI, perl uses the enums.pl from the gimp core which lists all the
enums. It does, however, do this:

      $const =~ s/^GIMP_//;

i.e.., strip the GIMP_-prefix, so the contants are the names with "_"
(easier to type in perl than "-"), but withouth the prefixes. Looks like
a third set to me.

(Also, perl isn't updated automatically, you have to run a script, so it
might be sightly out of sync).