Hi all,

As everyone knows (hopefully), the GIMP won an OSI award
recently. Part of the results of that is that the GIMP is
one of the candidates for the annual golden award (with a
large cash prize) which will be presented to the winning
project in Portland at the O'Reilly Open Source Conference
in a couple of weeks.

Is anyone here planning to go to OSCon already? And to
answer the question before it's asked, there will be no
cash to pay for travel or accommodation expenses. But if
someone were already going they could be our official
representative at the awards dinner.

Alternatively, there are several GNOME developers going
and presenting papers that I noticed - if no-one here
wants to go, I suggest that we ask one of them to represent
us and pick up the prize (if we get one).

What do people think?

Cheers,
Dave.

--