On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 06:51:46PM -0700, Carol Spears wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 03:37:29AM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > > perhaps no checkerboard could also be considered?
> >
> > It would have to be optional and I cannot imagine a sane user
> > interface for this. Can you?
> >
> scanners?  what does this have to do with scanners?
>
> heck, sometimes you cannot see the image on the image even ....

i read this wrong the first time and thought you were talking about
something else (not even scanners).

user interface.  you can set in preferences that previews dont show the
checkerboard for transparency.

this new gimp is so full of interface options -- padding color and
window stuff.  that is why your comment was confusing to me.

the same way you can change the padding color now.  i would not have
been able to imagine such an interface to the previews without all those
new options for customizing your sessions.  all this stuff is sane?

carol