On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 06:42:10PM +0100, David Neary wrote:
> I have no objections as long as people are happy with this. I
> would be a little worried about some splashes not getting a fair
> whack because they were submitted late, but sure, why not.
>
> When do you think it would be fair to call a result?
Well, if I understand you correctly, the core developers have to make
the decision which splash screen will be in the next gimp release. Apart
from that, if a well defined group of gimp contributors can pick their
favorits on mukunds page, we have at least some sort of a result:

    http://www.mukund.org/temp/gimp/judge/scores.php

You stated out, that people picked splash screens on earlier times, so I
think it would be fair, if Mukund can reset the current choices and
everyone votes again.

If this all is to complicated from now on and you guys want a splash
screen fast, I'm very fine with your solution Dave. I don't have to make
the decision which splash screen will be the winner, so I can shut up if
you already figured out how to judge :) Dunno what the others think
about this ...

Greetings,
--
Roman Joost