On 20.02.2005, at 14:09, Sven Neumann wrote:

You'd still do me a favor if you would try current CVS and told me
whether it feels faster or not.

It's slower, measurable and reproducible slower.

As a benchmark I used a gradient fill in a 3000x3000px (68.8M)
image. I get consistently times of 8s for 1 thread and between
9.2s and 9.6s for 2 threads. With a running application, after a
restart -- doesn't matter.

What is strange though, is that it only seems two use one CPU
for both threads; maybe a stupid gthread implementation?