Daniel Egger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>>> What is strange though, is that it only seems two use one CPU
>>> for both threads; maybe a stupid gthread implementation?

Since gthread is just a very thin wrapper around pthreads, that would
mean that it's a stupid pthread implementation. To me this looks like
the kernel believes that it would be better to keep the threads local
than to move one to the other CPU. I wonder if perhaps the kernel is
right and using two CPUs would actually cause more overhead than it's