I managed to start the Gimp server. I read that one of its new features is that you don't need the X to run it. But, when I run an old Perl script I got this warning:

1117202349: accepted unix connection
Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/Gimp.pm line 264.
1117202349: closing connection 11 (0 requests in 0 seconds)

I think the Perl script needs a display, but this can be obtained only by running X, which I shouldn't run.

Another question would be whether the old Perl scripts (written for 1.x versions of Gimp) run on 2.2.

Andrei Simion wrote:

Hi all,

I have to run the Gimp server on a RH machine, but I don't have any clue how it can be started. Where can I find some documentation on that? I mention that the Gimp server will be accesed through a Perl interface.

Andrei Simion