On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 10:58:06AM -0400, Andrei Simion wrote:
> Carol Spears wrote:
>
> >On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 10:07:59AM -0400, Andrei Simion wrote:
> >
> >>Another question would be whether the old Perl scripts (written for 1.x
> >>versions of Gimp) run on 2.2.
> >>

> >no they dont.
>
> So I have to use other APIs like the new Gimp module.
>
> Could you explain me to what extent I have to rewrite the code?

did you look at the scripts and read the error messages?

the scripts that i fixed, i read the error messages and fixed them.  i
have more knowledge of gimp than of its scripting languages.

one of the scripts was obviously broken within the perl module and i
understand enough perl to know that i am the wrong person to be fixing
these things.

all of this i learned by loading the scripts into gimp, running them and
seeing the messages.  while i do not suggest this is the correct
approach to answering your questions, it answered that question for me.

plug-ins with the gui tell the deprecated code bits and the replacements
in a select and paste-able dialog.

carol