Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

It seems this fucntionality exists in other programs but not in the GIMP - i.e.: the ability to apply a palette to an already indexed image, keeping the color numbers.

This is easily doable in script, but it could also be done in the core
One of the scripts in Tiny-Fu is called tiny-fu-set-cmap.sct and provides the functionality you are talking about. I think it is a feature useful enough that it should be included as part of the core. It would also run a lot faster than my scripted version.

--
Cheers!

Packet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]|  Try to assimilate the world!"