On Wednesday 01 June 2005 00:03, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:
> >It seems this fucntionality exists in other programs but not in
> > the GIMP - i.e.: the ability to apply a palette to an already
> > indexed image, keeping the color numbers.
> >
> >This is easily doable in script, but it could also be done in the
> > core
> One of the scripts in Tiny-Fu is called tiny-fu-set-cmap.sct and
> provides the functionality you are talking about. I think it is a
> feature useful enough that it should be included as part of the
> core. It would also run a lot faster than my scripted version.

Ah..thre it is.
Anyway - the person needing this right now is on win32 -  Will this
script work in script-fu?

And... it is buggy.  It failed me when applying 256 color palette to a
256 colro image with the message:
Error while executing
(tiny-fu-set-cmap 6 12 "Gold")

Error: car: argument 1 must be: pair
Not to mention:

WARNING: Plug-In "tiny-fu"
called deprecated procedure 'gimp_image_set_cmap'.
It should call 'gimp_image_set_colormap' instead!

(ooopss... I remember being the one who asked that this particular
procedure got renamed before 2.2 )