This may seem like an oxymoron, given GIMP's heavy defacto relationship
with GNOME-flavoured GTK, but is there any GIMP equivalent to
OpenOffice's KDE integration (

The closest I could find was a vague reference to a pre-2.0 KDEified
version of The GIMP, apparently called "KIMP"...

...and this discussion, which is obviously approaching the issue from
the KDE end and not the GIMP end of things (IMESHO, starting from the
wrong end):

I am guessing that a "zero overhead" (at least for GTK, I'd envision
this as a 1:1 mapping using #defines) toolkit mapping layer at the
source-code level would make "ports" for Qt/KDE, Carbon, wxWidgets or
whatever considerably easier. Then there'd be only alternative shims to
maintain, not a whole raft of debris integrated with The GIMP proper,
and toolkit bugs would all be located in very few files.

Cheers; Leon

--     Modern tools; traditional dedication       Member, Perth Linux User Group            Member, Linux Professionals WA             Member, Open Source Industry Australia            Member, Linux Australia