Robert L Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Isn't that at least enough reason to take a closer look at the
> issue?

Are you as well starting with this accusation now? We are taking a
close look at this. We have already spent a lot of time on this,
probably way more than we should. I have been contributing patches and
suggestions to the file-chooser for quite a while now. This has turned
the dialog into something that works rather well for me. Perhaps it is
time that you start doing that as well.

The only reason why someone sensible would complain on this subject on
the gimp-developer mailing list is that he/she wants to discuss the
issue in the context of using the dialog from within GIMP. The goal of
such a discussion should be to prepare a proposal or even patches in
order to present them to the GTK+ developers.

You complain, we talk about your complaints. What did you expect to