From: Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:39:39 +0200

   Robert L Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

   > This helps.  The GIMP actually includes its own copy of the Print
   > plugin, but I don't know exactly what source that's based on.
   > What you might try is using --disable-print with the GIMP, and
   > configuring Gimp-Print with --enable-gimp (which builds the Print
   > plugin out of the Gimp-Print source).

   Which is actually what debian is doing (at least in sid). They
   recently switched from the included plug-in to the one that comes
   with gutenprint. I have been very disappointed to find out that
   none of the user interface improvements that we have done to the
   Print plug-in over the last years have been incorporated into that
   version.  Basically the Print dialog looks like crap now.

1) I don't remember anyone ever feeding them back to us.  Mitch did
   some improvements once, years ago, but no one's ever contacted us
   since.

2) We're not interested in any changes to the 4.2-based plugin at this
   point; 5.0 is the wave of the future.  They're different enough
   that changes to one won't port very easily to the other.

3) That's what happens when nobody steps forward to maintain the
   plugin and I have to do UI stuff.  The best way to utilize me for
   UI programming is to take whatever I do and invert it.

--Eric Crampton