Lance Dockins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Actually... I was trying to figure out what the best way to do that
> would be...  mostly because I run GIMP in a Win32 environment, so
> compiling GIMP isn't quite as straightforward as it is in Linux.  If I
> could figure out how to compile from CVS on Win32, I definitely would.
> Of course, I'm just going on the info I found at wiki.gimp.org that
> said that compiling from CVS required additional software.  Then
> again, maybe I'm just overcomplicating this.  Is it as simple as
> downloading the source from CVS and compiling it?  And for that
> matter, if that's the case, is there an easy way to download the
> source from CVS?  Thanks in advance for any feedback you can offer.

The extra tools needed to compile from CVS are explained in the file
HACKING (as found in the source tree or online at
http://developer.gimp.org/HACKING). How to get software from CVS is
explained in so many places that it is rather pointless to duplicate
that information. gimp.org explains how to get the stable branch at
http://www.gimp.org/source/howtos/stable-cvs-get.html. If you don't
specify a branch you will get the HEAD branch, which is where the
development takes place.